This is a full-time position based in Bozeman, Montana. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter electronically to Aimee Severson via email@example.com. All inquiries into the position should be directed to the same email address.
Open date: 7/30/2015
Closing date: This position is open until filled. Preference will be given to applicants who submit materials by 8/14/2015.
Start date: Contingent upon hiring of successful applicant.
Compensation: $15.45 per hour, health/dental, retirement plan
About Montana Conservation Corps:
The mission of Montana Conservation Corps is to inspire young people through hands-on conservation service to be leaders, stewards of the land, and engaged citizens who improve their communities. Montana’s 27 million acres of public lands afford MCC a unique opportunity—to bring together young people for leadership development in the outdoors while addressing priority needs for the public good. By weaving together leadership development and skills training with hands-on service in the outdoors, MCC helps young people develop vital competencies that build a foundation for achieving success, an affinity and aptitude for being in the outdoors, and an energetic and motivated workforce. In turn, MCC participants perform substantial work that provides lasting benefit for public lands.
Summary Statement: The Member Management Coordinator oversees the enrollment and exit of AmeriCorps members and youth crew members into MCC’s program. Activities include communicating with candidates who have received conditional offers, obtaining criminal background checks, processing enrollment paperwork, and management/ administration of data collection and analysis related to hours, program service requirements, and maintenance of member files. Qualifications include effective communication skills, strong organizational skills, and proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel and Access. Candidate who is detail oriented and proficient in emerging internet technologies and databases is desired.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Organize and maintain applicant databases to ensure that information is timely, accurate, and easily retrievable
- Perform criminal background checks, document policies and procedures, ensure state and federal compliance, and assist applicants in navigating the process
- Review all incoming recruitment and hiring paperwork for both members and staff to ensure compliance
- Obtain motor vehicle report checks from insurance company and determine driving eligibility
- Organize and maintain member files
- Manage uniform inventory including: ordering, distribution, and maintenance of records
- Process Corporation for National Service enrollment and exit forms within 30 days of start/exit
- Database member time sheets into Excel (or other system) and provide analysis
- Prepare excel reports on member service hours and distribute to regions biweekly
- Review and correct data, perform data entry, and general troubleshooting of Access or online database
- Maintain filing system of background checks and member files
- Produce reports from database as needed by funding sources and staff
- Database youth members into Access, maintain files, and respond to inquiries
- Coordinate and support end of year member activities including certificates and other recognition
- Maintain online Application Tracking System
- Utilize excel files and Google drive spreadsheets to analyze data
- Coordinate weekly conference calls with recruitment and regional program staff
- Utilize databases and suggest improvements for coordination and communication of tracking of members and status of enrollment
- Implement cloud based storage systems when appropriate. Coordinate with Director of Operations and other staff changes and improvements based upon recent technology
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, and deal with a variety of people
- Strong interpersonal and administrative skills
- Strong computer skills, including database and experience with online application tracking systems
- Proficient with Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and emerging Internet technologies
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
- A valid driver’s license
Contact us about this job